Wednesday 20 June 2012

Baby Picture Frame

Hi Everyone!
It's time again for another challenge at the Creative Belli Challenge.  Today starts Challenge #146 which is Anything but a Card.   I had so much fun doing this one - hardest part was making up my mind.  I finally settled on a picture frame that I bought on clearance at Michaels last year.  I always pick up sale items, with the best of intentions - sometimes I actually use them :) 

I mixed several acrylic paints to get the colour I needed to cover the base of the frame and match the Graphic 45 Little Darlings Collection DP.   I used a large MS punch-around-the-page punch to do the lacey mat.  The flower I made using SB blossom dies and coloured the petals with Shimmerz (Opal).  The leaves are from SB Foliage Die and Baby is a Marianne Designs.   I die cut the baby's name using QuicKutz Studio Classic.   The chipboard was from my stash and I coloured it with the acrylic mix I made up.


Frame is 8x8 inches

Here's a picture of the wooden frame I used:




I will be entering this into the Crafty Mess Challenge #111,   Use Paint 
Ooh La La Creations Challenge #107  - Baby, Baby  - Top 3 Thank You
Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #70  - No cards, tags or ATC
Make It Monday Challenge #94 - Always Anything Goes

This is my first time doing a frame - I think I could do with a little more practice but am pleased with how this turned out. Thanks for stopping by and we'd love it if could play along on this fun challenge.

Hugs, Pat K.



25 comments:

Tonya said...

Pat, your frame is beautiful!

Eileen said...

This is stunning Pat. A great creation from a plain frame. Love it
Eileen x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Pat,lovely image and colours.xxx

Sara H said...

Oh wow! What a great project!!! The frame is so gorgeous! Love the big flower and the die cuts, and of cours the image is adorable!!!! Really amazing =)
Have a great day =)
Hugs,
Sara

Pat said...

Hi Pat

Absolutely gorgeous frame, and I love the beautiful flower. Just popped over to welcome you to the Fab'n'Funky team.

Pat P xx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Wow Pat this is just beyond stunning! What a beautiful image and the colours are amazing. Love the frame...such a beautiful idea! :)

Carol Willis said...

What a fabulous project Pat. May well have a go at something like this. Gorgeous!
Hugs
Caz x

Beccalite said...

Hi Pat this is so so pretty, love Graphic 45 and the flower, leaves and MS punched boarder is beautiful all works together very well. You should be very proud if this is a first picture frame it is wonderful well done. Thanks for joining in with us over at Craftymess. Great Big Huge Hugs Becca xx

judit said...

Wow Pat, this is soooo beautiful! Just popped over to welcome you to Fab'n'Funky! Glad you joined us! judit x

Vicky said...

Lovely card Pat, I'm looking forward to working with at Fab'n'Funky congrats on your position

hugs Vicky x x x

Unknown said...

wow this is amazing, I just love what you have done with it, its so gorjuss, thank you for playin with us at craftymess

hugs
Judie xx

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Pat, love that flower...Welcome to the Fab'n'Funky team,Congratulations.
Wendy xx

joy said...

What an absolutely gorgeous project! Love the amazing rose!

jimlynn said...

Pat, this is beautiful! Love the way you punched out the lacy border and the colors are wonderful. So pretty.
Lynn

Shirley-Anne said...

Beautiful image and decorated frame . LOVE IT . Thanks for sharing on Craftymess Challenge Blog .

Scattychick said...

This is great love how you have used the Graphic papers :) Thanks for playing at Craftymess x

Wendi said...

Wow creative and beautiful
Thank you so much for sharing woth us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Jemara's said...

I love your work. The difference between the original frame and your fantastic work of art, its hard to believe they are the same. WOW.
Fabulous work. I am going to follow you, so when my MOJO leaves me I can pop on over to see your fab creations.
Thank you for coming to play with us at 'Craftymess' It is wonderful the quality of work on show.
x Jet

Papercraft By Carole said...

Love the frame - the vintage picture is lovely - and the that flower is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers! Cxx

Marjorie said...

What a beautiful frame hunnie and thanks for sharing it with us at Make It Monday this week....Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Nancy Jensen said...

What an amazing frame! I LOVE all the details and especially love the flower. Thank you for sharing. Do you have a tutorial on how you made & painted the flower? I think it would be awesome to see!

((hugs))
Nancy

Daniele said...

what a gorgeous frame, love the lush flower so glad you joined us at OLL this week
hugs

lady jasmine crafts said...

wow this is stunning thanks for entering at craftymess xxx nicky

Barb said...

What a precious and stunning card, luv your attention to detail ! Ü

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Thank you for joining in the challenge over at crafymess challenge blog http://craftymesschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/

Love everything about this project. The subtle colours, the image and the embelishments. Well Done x

Hope to see you joining in future challenges at craftymess.

Lisa xxxx